More Technical Issues

My system crapped out last night. Lost all my current art files which sucks ass. I’ll make more. Got a new pooter and we’re getting everything set up and squared away – will be back soon!

Earl

9 responses to “More Technical Issues

1. SafeSpace February 16, 2019 at 12:43 pm

For a tad more than one Benjamin, you can store all your artwork on an external SSD that can be plugged into any PC or tablet you want. Bulletproof … saved my ass thru two system crashes … and your data is not in the “cloud” where jackwagons can spy and complain and censor and report. I recommend Samsung SSDs, purchased new (not refurbished): https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-T5-Portable-SSD-500GB-USB-3-1-External-SSD-MU-PA500B-AM-500-GB/264051023284?epid=239000662&hash=item3d7aaaddb4:g:cbIAAOSwPeVb88h6

2. James Pence February 16, 2019 at 3:51 pm

Good luck on getting it back together.

3. Brafo February 16, 2019 at 8:46 pm

Good luck Mr Earl. . . . . I suspect the deep state is after ya. . . .Give-em hell : )

4. Mike a.k.a. Proof February 16, 2019 at 9:44 pm

The good news is, people like O’Crazy-O Cortez will continue to provide you with copious material for years to come.

5. bobdog February 18, 2019 at 1:40 pm

Earl, all may not be lost. Assuming it’s your hard drive (big assed guess of course), have you tried connecting it to a working drive on another computer?

A lot depends on how you determined your old machine is toast. I do this stuff for a living.

Post back if you want help and we can take this offline. No charge.

• Earl of Taint February 20, 2019 at 7:13 pm

Hey thanks bobdog, very nice of you to offer. I was watching a news vid and something popped. Speaker started squawking and I got a message that a blah blah DLL Kernel blah blah had gone missing. I didn’t have time to write it down but I’m guessing a Registry issue. I’d had a windows update that day, so maybe the culprit. Tried to reboot and got the spinning circle icon and nada. I couldn’t restart to launch Safe Mode and reset. I was running W8.something and maybe the update fragged me with doodoo it couldn’t handle. I dunno.

6. bobdog February 20, 2019 at 8:05 pm

Earl, remember that Lazesoft recovery program you used last time? I believe it can unf*ck your registry and get it running again.

If it was me and i had another computer around, I would have removed the drive, connected up your old drive as a secondary (which by definition doesn’t have to boot) and copied over your user files. Hate to see all that great artwork go down the toilet.

If you’re like me and you’re thinking about doing both, rescue your user files first, and then you don’t have to bet the farm. The most you can lose is nothing.

I need a private email address or something so we can get in touch. I don’t hang mine out on the internet.

• Earl of Taint February 23, 2019 at 8:31 am

You can email me via the contact form and I’ll get back to you. But I didn’t lose much art this last time – most was lost during that prev crash and it’s no biggie b/c all are up here on the site. And it’s all just shit anyway. :) What I lost were some working files and they’re no huge deal to me. I do think I need to boost ram on this new machine as the new PS is a hog and running slow – so I’ll probably add a 8gb stick and see how that helps. Thanks a million for the help, much appreciated!

Comment:

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )